Saturday, April 30, 2011

Being sick...the good and the bad!

Lets start with the bad. I have missed a week of training...this is killing me. But right now I have no choice...I have to heal and get better. Missing work...good and bad (lol). I have had to take 4 sick days in a row!!! Luckily we accumulate sick time...I have over 500hrs banked. I have some pretty caring coworkers calling and making sure I was ok. I went to take my first sick day and my charge nurse TOLD me I was taking at least 2 shifts (she was was ready to take me off all 4 right there).

Being pretty much confined to my house and having no energy was pretty lame. ONly so much TV you can watch and internet you can surf. At one point the whole family was sick and that is rough. I hate seeing my little boy sick but THANK GOD he did not get as sick as me.

Pretty much the only good thing was the amount of time I got to spend with my son Logan. Between work and training I sometimes feel like I dont get to see him enough. Had he not been sick we probably would have sent him to the day home so I would not have to worry about him. AT one point I had a 41 Degree fever and was trying to give him a nighttime bottle and change him. I felt so weak and I was dripping sweat as I was doing it. As sick as I was his needs come first. I am not saying we played cars right after that but I made sure he was clean and fed. But for the most part we sat on the cough, drinking our fluids (neither of us wanted to eat) and took our tylenol on the same schedule. We started to play a bit as we both felt better. Good when you can laugh even when you dont want to.

A week ago I was doing hill repeats on my bike and today I am on the cough. Feeling a bit better each day. Just need this cough to fade away and get more energy back. I have a training camp coming up May long and I need to be healthy for that. I am pumped!! But I am gonna work on getting me better hour by hour.

1 comment:

  1. Feel better soon! I was I'll at the beginning of april and missed 5 shifts at work.... More sick time than I have used in the past 2 years!!! Rest up and get yourself healthy.

    ReplyDelete