Friday, September 11, 2009

My anniversary!

Sunday marks the anniversary of my first year or racing! It's hard to believe that a year has passed since my first running race. I remember the feeling when I crossed the finish line so clearly. I had never imagined myself running in any kind of race so it was a big thing for me. The past year has been awesome. I have raced one 5km, five 10km, 5 Half marathons, 1 duathlon, 2 sprint Tri's and one olympic Tri.


How am I celebrating my anniversary? I am running the Canmore CAUSE 10km run, the first race that I ever did. I had hoped to go to Montreal to do another Tri but decided that I needed be a bit more tight with the wallet. With an impending birth of my child its kind of a priority. The next best thing was this race. So I went an did an almost last minute registration today. I am looking forward to it now! I am going to just run this one solely for fun and not worry about time.

The last couple of days have been good on the training front. On Friday I had a really good ride in the evening. As the summer comes to an end I am realizing how much I am going to miss riding outside. I have developed a love for cycling! But on the good side I think my running will pick up a bit more. I will run in any weather and will continue to do that this winter. My swimming will hopefully continue to get better and better.

I am quite happy with the past year. I am pretty much where I had hoped to be. Next year I really want to make some big gains. I realize that this will require big commitment and effort but I will find a way. I have been fortunate to meet some really cool people in the whole process. Here is to a fun year past and exciting future!

1 comment: