Monday, June 29, 2009

Good training ...bad luck

Well have been pretty good the last few days on the training front....well kinda...but I will get to that. Saturday was a pretty good brick. Rode out to the top of Cochrane hill and then took 262 back twice. A good ride but damn that headwind was fierce. I have to admit that it was a little unnerving a couple of times, I would get an occasional crosswind that almost sent me off my bike. I struggled to keep 25km/h heading out there but 45km/hr coming back was easy! My run afterwards was short but good.

Sunday...not a great day. My wife had planned for us to meet up with some of her friends from work for lunch downtown. I was going to head to swim right after that so we took separate vehicles. Went and had some awesome dim sum and then it was time to get to the pool. Opened up my Jeep door and saw stuff from my glove box and console spread all over my drivers seat. Instantly I knew someone had been in my Jeep......F&#&^!!!!! On the initial look nothing seemed to have been missing...wow..cool. Then I took another look in my glove box and noticed my ipod was gone. I am more than a little pissed at this point but not much I can do...luckily it was my 3 year old ipod video and not my iphone. But on even closer inspection I see that they cut the connector from my stereo to the ipod. They could have just unplugged it but no they had to cut it.

This really, really pissed me off. To be 100% honest, if given the chance, I would physically hurt the person. Some people may say that this is an over reaction, that it is just an ipod. And to some degree I can understand that. However, given my personality I look at this as more of a threat and I don't deal well with those. I think I would have been perfect for the military, lol. I have a conscience but I would have no problem dishing out "justice", lol. How did I end up being a nurse? At that point my day was shot from a training perspective...I was far too angry to do anything. Went home and did hours of yard work instead. I missed a swim day which I didn't like doing but it was probably the best choice.

Ok now for today!! Another brick day....wahooooo! Did a 2.5 hour ride and then a 25 min run. The ride was good but dang ...windy again. The run was here in Tuscany which means hills no way to avoid them here. And it was my first run with the new shoes. Quite a difference running in the new shoes! Glad I remembered to get a new pair. Overall a good day.

Tomorrow is swim/run day. Looking forward to getting back in the pool after missing the other day! Then its come home and do more yard work, lol....I swear its never ending.

Until next time....Stay classy Calgary.

No comments:

Post a Comment