Friday, June 26, 2009

Wow.....all I can say is wow!

Wow what a day! I started this one off by going to an ultrasound appointment with my wife. She works at a radiology clinic so she was already being scanned when I got there. All I can say is....wow. Nothing has ever made me feel what I experience when I see my future child moving around in utero. I was always somewhat indifferent about having kids...now I would cut my own teeth out for that child. We are not finding out the sex, why run one of the best surprises in life. Definately the highlight of our day!

On the training front I had a pretty good day as well. Started off with an hour swim. I am so glad my swim is progressing. I am swimming longer distances and not expending anywhere near the energy I used to! Again many thanks to Greg for the help! I used to dread swimming...used to have to sit in my jeep for a few minutes and get myself ready for it, lol. Now I actually like it, lol.

After the swim I went for a 55min run in Tuscany. I was supposed to do 40-50 mins but I decided to run a route I hadn't run prior. My running has become a chore at times. I had been running the same routes and places and that was getting a bit boring. I think since I have been enjoying the swim and cycling more, my desire to run had died a bit. But today helped alot. My schedule has a 90 min run next week..I think I will hit the Glenmore reservior that day. I always enjoy that run!

I managed to find time to pick up some new runners today as well. I have become a big fan of the Saucony Triumphs but I always seem to have a hard time finding my size (8.5). It can be quite a PIA at times. I yesterday realized that my current pair was 7 months old and had alot of km's...it was definately time for a new pair! The tech shop only had 8 or 9 so I hit a running room and luckily they had a pair! I just have to put my Yankz laces in them and I will be good to go! I have decided that I am done with regular laces. They ALWAYS come undone no matter how I tie them. And I really get annoyed with laces flopping around.

This evening, after dinner, I had a fire in out back yard. When I bought my house I put a fire pit in the back yard. Myself and a friend layed about 500 paving stones for a base and then I put a pit in the middle. I absolutely love just sitting around it listening to music. I don't care if anyone else is there, lol. I geuss in a way it reminds me of camping. Great for get togethers too!

So tommorow is a brick workout for me. Two hours on the bike and 20 mins run..sweet. Followed by lots of yardwork, lol. I have to built flower beds, pathways blah blah blah. It seriously bites into my training time, lol.


Until next time.....D.

No comments:

Post a Comment