Thursday, June 25, 2009

A rest day....

So today is a rest day from training but not from work. We all have an idea of what nurses do but not many really know what an ICU nurse does. We tend to be a different breed...on one hand we are type A...if $hi^ needs to get done...we do it! On the other hand it's amazing how low someone's blood pressure can go before we need to care. In general we work in ICU because we like taking care of critcally ill patients...the sicker the better! Don't get me wrong..I don't want people to get sick for my enjoyment...more like if they are sick I don't mind being their nurse!

Today was one of those day though that make me glad when the end of the day was near. My patient was far from "sick" (remember...in ICU sick is a relative term). He was confused and aggitated and really driving me nuts. I can't say that on days when I patient tries to kick me in the head that I love my job.

I almost wish I has some training to do tonight but it was a day of rest. I feel a bit lost on my rest days. Tommorow is only hours away and I am ready to get going. I am pretty sure I will be back in the pool tommrow and a run in there maybe. At 11am I am going to be meeting my wife for her last ultrasound. A bit of history...my wife is 18 weeks pregnant....can't believe I am going to be a dad! So after that I will be going out for a good day of training. And I need to pick up a new pair of runners too!

Not much to say tonight...I think I will relax but playing some video games. I am not really a "gamer" so that is weird for me. Or maybe I will sit on the deck and listen to some tunes. Good training days for everyone!

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment