Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hot damn I love the sun.....

So my plan for the day was to get up for a run and then head down to the pool for a swim. Well when I took the dogs out this morning I quickly decided that the run would not happen until this afternoon. It was about 10 deg and windy! I have become a fan of heat my friends! So I decided to take the morning easy and then start my day this afternoon.

I headed on down to the Talisman Center about 2 pm and the parking lot was packed. Aww crap...I hate it when the place is crazy. And sure enough it was for a swim meet. Luckily the training pool had a bunch of lanes open, 25 m lanes, but open none the less. I ended up having a really good swim again today. Greg had mentioned that at some point things would come together and I think finally it is! Kick ass! Did some lengths and drills for about an hour in total and then it was off for a run!

When I left the pool I was pretty glad to find that it was warming up. I tell ya, since losing 90lbs I always feel cold! I seem to function better when the temp is at least 20deg C. I ended up doing 10.5km in 55 mins with the first 30 mins being easy and then stepped it up for the last half. I was going to do an even hour but I ran into a friend walking her dog. I was essentially back at my Jeep so I called it a day.

It was a great day to be out (once it warmed up). I like running with others but sometimes it is so good just to throw on my earphones, hit the tunes and run. Its is nice to either get lost or do some deep thinking, depending on what you want. I try to do some training with music and some without. I don't want to be a person that is dependant on it. I try to mix up my playlists every couple of weeks or so. Hmmm maybe I will start posting up the weekly playlist.

Tommorow I have a 90min run on the books. I will try to get this one done early so that I can try to get some yardwork done. Getting this yard done is a distant second to Tri training, lol. But I have to get it done...I want it to end this summer! Next summer I want to be able to focus on my family and training and not about flowers beds, lol.

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment