Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Awesome Canada Day run!

Today was a run day. I was actually looking forward to a longer run. It seems that I always hate the first 20 minutes or so but then I get warmed up and into the groove. I had planned on heading down to Glenmore landing and running the reservoir but then figured I might as well do the run from Edworthy to Center street. This way I could check out the Canada events down in Eau Claire. Maybe not the smartest move, lol.

The run down there was pretty uneventful, lots of people out and about. But as I got close to Eau Claire I was mobbed. Sooo many people out!! Luckily I was able to, for the most part, run through them. Things thinned out just before the center street bridge. The weather was perfect today though!! I put my run off (yet again) until the afternoon to let things warm up a bit. The only thing that wasn't good about today was my heart rate. I had an average of 154 which was high for me. I didn't feel that I was that "stressed". I will just keep an eye on that! I did 15km in just under 90 mins. I took it somewhat easy and didn't push it today. Overall a really enjoyable run !

Tomorrow evening is my first group ride.....hills! I am glad to get out with the team. I have a feeling that I will be the slowest but I will do what I can. This will be my first time climbing Cochrane hill....I am pretty sure I am ready, lol. This week had been a good training week and I am glad. Ten days until my first Tri!! It feels like I have been training forever for it (if you consider February forever, lol). I am excited yet nervous at the same time. The bike and run don't bother me. Even though I know I can actually do the distance, the swim still in on my mind. I guess that is normal? I am trying to think positively...those that beat me in the swim, I will hammer them on the bike/run, lol ( or try to anyway ;) ).

On the home front I mowed the back yard and went and picked up a new tree to plant there. Our last tree we planted there died. It was a Crimson Maple...we decided this time NO MAPLES!!! What did we come home with you ask?.....I frickin' Maple. Hopefully this one lives. Tomorrow morning I will get that sucker in the ground and then we shall see what happens.

From the True North strong and free......Dan out!

1 comment:

  1. You're never ready for Cochrane hill. However slow you start out, that's going to be too fast. Settle down and keep spinning as long as you can. I've heard Coral Springs is fun, tho I haven't done it. Look to see if they offer swims in the lake during the week before the race, and take advantage. Sound like you had a great run!

    ReplyDelete