Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Thanksgiving ride in the snow!

First off, no I didn't go for an outside ride in the snow today, that is just batshit crazy. But as I was driving home from the gym today I saw 2 guys out on their road bikes ride along the 1A. Minus 8 is just a wee bit cold for me, not to mention the snow on the roads. I was glad to be driving in my nice warm jeep but kudos to them.

My day consisted of a 45 min ride on the spin bike with a 30 min run and shoulder/bicep workout. The weight training is going well, making some big gains in my strength. Tomorrow I am planning to go for a 16km or so run. I figure I need to get some longer runs in as I have the Last Chance half coming up. I wish it was a bit warmer out, at least +10, lol.

Spent a while on the trainer yesterday watching the action in Kona. Great performances by Alexander and Wellington!! I had made plans to take my wife out to dinner that night so I had to leave during the run. My wife was not thrilled that I was checking the updates on my iphone, lol. Who knows, maybe someday I will be there. I doubt I will ever qualify, but who knows, maybe I will try my luck in the lottery when I am ready, lol. Better odds than lotto 6/49, lol.

Tomorrow is going to be chicken day...no turkey :(. It will only be the wife and I so it would not make sense to bake a big turkey. Shelly picked up a chicken that she will roast (but I am sure it will be just as yummy!). Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and gets lots of good eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment