Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wow....that is not so bad afterall....

I used to really hate my bike trainer. When it came time to get on it I cursed and tried to find excuses not to. But oddly enough, the more time I spend on it, the more I like it. Last week was the start of Coach Greg's spin classes. It is turning out to be fun and good motivation. I think that it will really help during the winter months. In just a couple of classes I have noticed an improvement in my technique.....its good for picking out flaws and then changing them!

I had signed up for the Last Chance half marathon in Nov. I need to get a few longer runs in so I am thinking tomorrow I will do a 15-18km run. The LC half was my first...I think I will try to get under 1:50 for this one and best my time from last year. Hopefully the paths will be clear and we get some good weather......last year it was beautiful and sunny!

It's a little over a month until my wife is due. Strangely enough I think I am the one nesting. I am cleaning like a mad man. I did the 3 bathrooms (and I did a hospital clean) and the kitchen today. I am going to do all the floors and the bedrooms tomorrow and hang more shelves (after my run of course). I think I am trying to get everything done now because the family addition might come sooner than expected. The baby is positioned frank breech....meaning its ass is down and head / legs to the sky. I really doubt the baby will turn...ain't much room in there. Shelly said that she was told they will do a C - section early if that is the case. I think we are ready though, lol.

Time to finish making dinner for my wife and then spin! Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Cleaning. There is the joke you can tell how many kids a family has by watching how they react to the soother falling on the floor/ground. For the first, the soother is sterilized before it goes back in the mouth. For the second, it is wiped off. For the third, it just goes back in the mouth.

    The trainer is your friend. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete