Sunday, October 25, 2009

Everything I need to know about life I learned in ICU

Don't drink.
Don't drink and drive.
Don't drink and drive a motorbike.
Don't drive a motorbike.
If you drive a motorbike, please sign your organ donor card.
And wear a helmet.

Don't smoke.
Don't do street drugs.
Don't street fight.
Don't play with bombs.
Wear a helmet.

If you have asthma, don't have a cat.

Drive carefully.
Avoid trees.
Avoid livestock.
Avoid wild animals.
Avoid oncoming traffic.
Cycle cautiously.
Avoid cliffs and sharp rocks.
And always wear a helmet.

Pay attention, never assume anyone else is.
Pay particular attention to your family.
Tell you love them
Tell them often.

And always wear a helmet.

Lana Lovo Aug 21st/2000

I saw this posted on a board at work and it made me laugh, but it is so true. Words to live by to keep you safe and out of ICU!

Yesterday was a welcomed day off training. Still feels weird on those days that I don't do anything. I watched a little TV, got my lunch ready for work and did some web surfing. Tonight was back to "normal", lol. My wife had gone to meet some of her friends for dinner so I was home alone for a bit. I threw a blanket down on the floor in the living room and put my trainer in front of the TV. I did a short warm up and then some cadence work. The one legged drills are getting a bit smoother, lol. I did about 45 mins tonight, probably would have stayed on longer but Shelly came home then.

Tomorrow I will try to get a swim and a run in before work tomorrow night. I am gonna hate missing the indoor night on Tuesday. But with the upcoming Last Chance Half I will probably try to get another run in between night shifts. Can't wait for days off again! Time for bed folks, adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment