Sunday, April 18, 2010

I totally deserved this one....

At the start of the week, Greg asked me what I would like for the weekend. I learned that "whatever you want to dish out" is not the correct reply, lol. I looked at my schedule when the email arrived and new I was going to be a bit sore by Sunday. So here is how it went...

Friday....Started off with a 1 hour-ish swim which felt pretty good. And then it was a 70-80 min run with some faster than goal half pace intervals. I decided to start from my house in Tuscany and to run to Edworthy Park. I was thinking its pretty much downhill and then flat...not so much. It was downhill in the beginning and then it turned into up, up, up and then down and then up...etc... Finally I hit some flats and got my intervals in...took a bit out of me since I was already tired from the hills. The run was 16km and a little longer than planned but not much.

Sat....Planned for 2-3 hours with some tempo pace on the second half. I had put my bike in the shop for a spring tune up and I wasnt able to pick it up until after 2pm. Despite being right there at 2pm I didnt get out on the road until 3:30 ish. Lots of head/tail winds going on. ON the way out west I was averaging 37km/hr and on the way back east I was about 20-23 km/hr. Not much for tempo coming back so I did it when I turned around for a return trip. All in all a beautiful day to be out on the roads!

Sun....Today was my hard day...a 2hour bike with hill repeats and then a 30-40 min transition run. I headed out the 1A for a 45 min warm up and then it was down to the Tuscany home depot for hills. I punched out the 8 hills that were called for and then headed on home...pretty much all uphill, lol. After a quick transition it was back out on the road. My legs were feeling dead!! Not long after I started I was getting into some ...oh...yeah...hills. But the legs were starting to come back. About 3km into the run the legs were starting to feel OK and I was able to pick the pace up a bit. The way back was more downhill so that helped as well ;). I did 6.5 km in the 40 mins..not as fast as I like but considering how the legs felt I was happy, lol.

The legs feel surpisingly good tonight. Very mildly sore but overall ok....won't even need any advil, lol. I am geussing that this week will be somewhat "easy" since I have the police half coming up on the weekend? Not sure how I will do there...I doubt I will beat last years time. We shall see what happens!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like a busy weekend for sure! Good luck at the Police Half. i'll be there too!

    ReplyDelete