Sunday, April 11, 2010

Work is putting a serious cramp on my training.

When I work a day shift, I find there is really not much time for anything else. Usually my weekly day off is the first day shift in my set of shifts and then a relatively easy day on the second day shift. Tonight was a 45-60 min run that nothing special, just aerobic. I have to admit that I wasn't really thrilled with the thought of running tonight...dark, cold and windy. However I dragged my tired behind out the door.

Usually I get into the groove after a few minutes but not tonight. I admit that I was pretty tired to start and the weather wasn't helping. I ended up doing a 42 min 6km run, definitely slower for me but I ok with it. Considering how tired I was to start, the effort matched it.

I am looking forward to tomorrows swim. I get to sleep in, wake up, go swim, have a nap and then work nights. Its all good except the whole working part, lol. Just keep telling myself...only 2 more nights.

2 comments:

  1. Did I read right?? You look forward to swimming?? j/k :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Darryl, a brief moment of weakness....I hate swimming ;)

    ReplyDelete