Friday, April 30, 2010

OK antibiotics....do your thing!

So I have this on going issue with a toe of mine. It started out with clipping my toe nails and has ended up somewhat (definitely) infected. Initially it was just red and swollen and then it was starting to get better. Well it then started getting worse. To the point where it was hurting when I would kick in the pool. Despite being a nurse, I hate going to the Dr's office. But enough was enough, I gave it some time. It was obviously infected and needed more care than I could give.

I got up early this am and went to the local walk in clinic. I would have gone to my family doc but that would have most likely been a few days wait. By chance I got there just as the clinic was opening was put on the walk in list. Only a woman and her child were ahead of me and then it started. People just started to pour in right after I got there. Within minutes there was 10 people waiting...ohh and the Dr. was late!

A few minutes later I was called into a room. To my surprise the Dr. was only seconds behind. After a brief hello and "so what brings you here today", I tell him my diagnosis and he agrees, lol. A scribble on the prescription pad and I am out the door. Ten minutes later my antibiotic prescription is filled and I am now on a 10 day course of therapy. One Kelfex tab and Bactroban cream 4 times a day.

I am awaiting the drugs to do their thing and I can be done with it. Its more of a pain in the ass at this point. Lets see what happens over the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Hope it clears up! I can't believe you got into the walk in clinic that quickly..!!

    ReplyDelete