Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sorry but the pool is closed!

SO I went in for my OT shift today and luckily it was a day I really didnt have to think. Having said this, its all relative. While I do have someone's life in my hands, its somewhat routine. Some illness is pretty straight forward. After a poor sleep last night this "easy day" was ok with me. I didnt need a challenge today.

But the plan was to do my shift, run home, grab my swim gear and get back to the pool for a swim. I hussled out of work, drove home, said hello/good bye to the family and headed to the pool with about 15 mins to spare. Me and another fellow ended up walking into the lobby at the same time to be greeted by a "sorry but the pool is closed"....WTF???

Turns out that a circulation pump was on the fritz so the pool was shut down. I said a few choice words in my head. I was dissapointed but its no one's fault so I cant be mad. But damn I wanted to get that workout in! I really hate missing swims because I know how far I have to go to be where I want to be. After talking to Greg tonight I will just add it on tomorrow! It will be a busy day but I am ok with that!

But instead of a swim I ended up coming home and getting some bonding time in with my son. He is 5 months old today...very hard to believe. Lots of change in my life that still amazes me. I just put hime down for the night and I think I am going to follow suit. There is a hill repeat workout waiting for me tomorrow...and my mother in law is coming into town. This means a date night for me and my wife tomorrow...mmmm sushi.

3 comments:

  1. Aughhh that sucks about the pool. Was this by any chance the Talisman? It was ok yesterday. I just noticed we're both doing the Police half, then also Summerside. Good deal, it'll be nice to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Darryl it was at the Shouldice Pool. I had thought about heading to the Talisman but then I remembered it was members only after 3pm. I find the Talisman too far to go to consistently, plus the city pools are so much cheaper. It will definately be good to catch up! My sister and brother in law live about 500m from the start of the race. Going to be a nice walk to transition, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And when I say "from the start" , it is Summerside they live in.

    ReplyDelete