Thursday, April 8, 2010

Really....snow??

Today was set to be a busy day after my missed swim workout from last night. The plan was to try to get both my swim and bike in and then the training karma would be restored. I finally had a good sleep last night so I was ready for the extra workout. It was nice to get into the pool again. I am liking it more and more....funny how when you get better at something you tend to not hate it, lol. All in all it was a good swim today. The other day I had a 1000m timed swim as one of my sets. I was quite pleased to see when I was reviewing some data from my garmin that I was about 5mins faster than I had thought. I am geussing that I will probably take 10mins or so off my Oly distance swim....that will be sweeet.

I headed on home to grab a bite to eat and relax for a bit. We are expecting some family this weekend so I ended up helping my wife get the rooms ready and do some general cleaning that we had been meaning to get to. So I didnt get to "relax" like I had hoped, lol. But it was time to get out on the bike and work the legs! And on the schedule for today.....hills.

I did a short warmup and then headed on down to the Tuscany Home Depot and got right to business. The wind was starting to pick up and I was getting cooold. As I started up the hill I could tell right away that I felt stronger than last year. I remember last year huffing up the hill and then needing to rest. This year my rest was just the trip down the hill. Once I hit the bottom it was straight back into the climbing and repeat X 10.

I was glad when it was time to head back home as I was getting very cold (despite the hard work). I made it in the door and not long after it was starting to gently rain. Next thing I look out the window and its a blizzard. Seriously....I was just out cycling! I was happy regardless...it was a good training day. Only bad part is that I don't think tomorrow's ride is gonna be outside ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment