Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A run through the hills of Tuscany....

Really its not what you think. I wish it were Italy but sadly it is in my community, lol. There is not much flat in my community. Its very easy to run hills here. My scheduled run was a hill day and there happens to be a great one for doing any kind of hill repeats. My house is, for all intensive purposes, on the other side of the hill I like to run. So its about a 20min run to get to the hill...perfect warmup....and its all downhill.

After I ran down to the bottom of the "Home Depot hill" it was time to start on the repeats. Only 90 seconds of work up hill and then a walk down for recovery times 8. It was the first time in a while I have done my hills here. I was very pleased that my distance in 90sec was almost what my 2min distance was last year. I have to admit the recovery starts off boring but near the end of it repeats it was pretty welcome.

Around #6 its starting to get a but dark and the temp is dropping. My hands are freezing! But I know that I am almost done! On my last run I just kept going instead of heading back down. Its all up hill from here! It ended up being 11km in just over and hour...not bad considering the hills and recovery walks.

Yesterday was a late night indoor spin. I hopped on the bike at 10pm. Not ideal or what I had planned but I wanted to get that workout in. After a good warm up, it was time to get on with teh main set. Four minute time trials with 2 mins rest, times 10. I cannot remember the last time I sweat this much!! It felt so good! Near the end my legs were starting to feel it a bit but I was able to hold the same intensity.

Tomorrow was to be bike hill repeats but I picked up an OT shift at work...I am awaiting the coaches response to see what I should do. Maybe move it to the next day? I hate altering my schedule but can't say no to the OT when they call. Its ridiculous what I get paid to work OT...although I am NOT complaining at all. I look at it as extra cash to pay for race fees ;).

On a non training thought...I saw a preview for a new "Nightmare on Elm Street" movie. I think the original was a "classic". Sure it was cheesy and a typical kill the naked teenager movie but it was the creating of a horror icon. I think good ol Freddy Kruger has become a easily recognized "monster" . I am very curious how this one will be seeing how it is a remake not a sequel. They should have stopped after the first one here...how many times can yoy kill and bring a villian back to life. I am not expecting an Oscar winning film here but I wonder if it will be some enterainment value. I doubt I will see it in the theaters...video release for sure.

Time to hit the hay...6am comes early!

No comments:

Post a Comment